TOP DOLLAR INVESTOR
WHAT TO BRING TO A TAX APPOINTMENT
Tax appointments can be complicated with all the tax documents you need to file. This guide will guide you through it all.
from a checklist of payments and statements to getting a tax refund and tips on how to file taxes better.
Here’s how to prepare and what to bring to a tax appointment.
What to Bring to a Tax Appointment
Some documents are easier to remember such as your proof of identity and social security information. On top of these, here’s a checklist of essential records and statements you shouldn’t forget:
1. Personal Documents such as social security cards and social security numbers
2. Income Records such as Income Statements (e.g. Form 1099 g, 1099 b, 1099 r) Investment Statements, and personal property income records
3. Expense Receipts, Tax Deductions, and Tax Credits such as itemized deductions, or state tax payments made
Primary Records and Social Security
- Your full name and Social Security number.
- Supporting identification documents
TOP Dollar Investor
Swipe Up For The Rest of the Article
More From Top Dollar Investor
2022-2023 Tax Rates & Federal Income Tax Brackets
How Are RSUs Taxed: Restricted Stock Units Guide